You have to drive through the route common:
Pre-specified destination / landmark
This means that you are independent to a pre-specified landmark must be able to drive. This can be a well known destination for you or -if you are- locally known less clearly visible in the distance building or object.
Driving with the aid of the navigation system
Here you -after instructions of the navigation system independent examiner set on a specified by the examiner street and house number.
In following the course you have to keep myself in mind that the risk that the device you want to send through a street where you are not allowed. You have to find yourself a proper and safe solution to this problem. In addition, you should be alert to the malfunction or lack of the navigation system.
Conditions at the cluster command:
- the command may include all types of roads: within built-up areas outside urban areas and on roads and motorways
- the contract must contain a minimum of three and maximum of five landmarks
- the command must be preferably when standing still outside traffic
- the method is intended for at least 10 min. to be applied
- be in order, wherever possible, prominent landmarks used in connection with the recognition of this
?? at the T-junction turn left, go right after the petrol station, go to the church left and try to park close to conclusion as possible after the first bus stop ??.
During independent driving route, you may - if necessity ask for further directions while driving.
While driving with the navigation system is to determine the route variant to the examiner. This may need to choose the shortest or quickest route, avoiding highway and the like. It is therefore important that your driving school or driving instructor) CBR's address among the favorites in the navigation equipment in stores.
For parking no target is specified in a street. You need to choose a suitable location in the given road.
The tasks may include:
The shuttle mission, parking assignment or stop commands are given your driving. As an extra you can get instructions to carry out an inclining experiment.
You have to keep in mind that no traffic offenses committed in the execution of an assignment. For example, the bend backwards a street enter or exit where you can not get in or out.
The reversing command instance, you can perform through:
- stabbing times
- return via an exit
- bend backwards
- through a parking lot or parking space
The parking mission can be:
- forward or backward in a parking
- parking in traffic jam or
- park along the side of the road
Formulation of the parking assignment
For example, parking in a street. The commission would then be:
'' The idea is that you park your car in this street as close to street number ??. ''
When parking on a parking lot. The task could be:
'' The idea is that you park the car as close to the entrance of the shopping mall ''
Formulation of the stop command
The task could be:
?? stop as close as possible behind the red van, but so that you forward again you can follow the road ??.
Recognizing and responding to hazards
For a safe and responsible traffic participation is important that hazards are identified in time, you then connect to the appropriate conclusions, and finally make the right decisions and actions engage.
Formulation of contract
There are prior to a more or less complex traffic situation indicated that needs to be stopped after this situation in order to discuss the situation, or any situation after you have completed indicates where is briefly stopped to discuss this situation.
Querying situation can be considered in the assessment. Querying situation can have both a positive and a negative effect on the assessment.
You must indicate:
- what you've done
- what considerations you have created thereby
- appoint up to two of the five above-mentioned criteria
- explain how you arrived at the solution
According to the principle of the New Driving keep your account, inter alia:
- Switch - switch as early as possible to a higher gear, between 2000 and 2500 rpm
- Driving - drive as much as possible at a uniform speed and low engine revs in the highest possible gear
- Looking ahead - look as far ahead as possible and anticipate other traffic
- Roll out - you see that you must reduce speed or stop for a traffic light, allow timely gas and let the car roll into gear at that time
- Stopping the engine - turn the engine off at stops where you suspect this will last longer than one minute and then start again shortly before departure without accelerating
- Tyre pressure - check tire pressures monthly
- Cruise control - make logical or necessary -as it is- use of the equipment and devices in the car such as: tachometer, cruise control and trip computer
- Energy consumers - go conscious of energy consumers such as air conditioning, rear window defroster and unnecessary running lights. But also think of open car windows and the radio. So turn it off when you no longer need.
Whether you have a realistic view of your own abilities and limitations, completed the so-called self-reflection form for the exam where you give yourself a grade for a number of important aspects of safe and responsible driving. This self-assessment by the examiner involved in the discussion of the final results.
Virtual driving in Amsterdam