RAK Airways was founded in 2006 and took its first step in the aviation market in 2007 with two Boeing 757-200 aircraft. As a result of the financial crisis in 2009, however, the company had to suspend its flights. Tourism to the UAE decreased temporarily and also had RAK affected.
In 2010 the company made a new start with a new business model. The company now is trying to position itself in the market for cheap flights while it like it really all carriers from the Emirates befits still offer full service remains the traveler an airline with class is used to. RAK Airways tries in the Middle East very profiling by using social media to get in touch with the customer and so to meet the needs of both leisure and business travelers.
In 2011 it was announced that RAK Airways wanted to expand its route network with additional destinations. To add even more flights to more destinations offer RAK has also announced that it intends to enter into a codeshare agreement with a major Asian airline. The new business model is RAK profitable again and manages it very well in order to offer cheap flights that might be attractive to Dutch traveler. RAK namely also offers relatively cheap flights from the airport of Düsseldorf, just across the border with Germany. These charter flights here.
- Two Airbus A320-200
- One Boeing 757-200
- Hamburg - Hamburg International Airport
- Frankfurt - Frankfurt Airport
- Düsseldorf - Düsseldorf International Airport
- Berlin - Berlin-Tegel International Airport
- Munich - Munich Airport
- Vienna - Vienna International Airport
- Ras Al Khaimah - Ras Al Khaimah International Airport
- Cairo - Cairo International Airport
- Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Chittagong - Shah Amanat International Airport
- Dhaka - Shah Jalal International Airport
- Kozhikode - Calicut International Airport
- Kuwait City - Kuwait International Airport
- Kathmandu - Tribhuvan International Airport
- Lahore - Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Peshawar - Bacha Khan International Airport
- Jeddah - King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Khartoum - Khartoum International Airport
- Doha - Doha International Airport