When he was fifteen years old, he left his training early and goes to work as an apprentice in a workshop in Tokyo. At age 21 he opened a branch in his hometown, where he developed into a successful businessman-cum developer. Since he knows very well that he is a good dose of fog theoretical knowledge, he begins training at the Technical University of Hamamatsu.
For two years, education has been badly running piston rings factory has become a thriving business, but then begins WWII.
In 2007, Honda with Toyota one of the two last independent car and motorbike manufacturers in Japan.
- In 1948 in Tokyo, the company focuses Soichiro Honda Motor Co., Ltd. on. The company focuses on the production of complete motorcycles. Type A and B is made, this Honda achieves more than 60% market share in Japan.
- In 1959, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Founded in particular in order to enter the global market.
- In 1962 the first European manufacturing facility opens in Belgium.
- In 1963 Japan roles in the models T360 and S500 of the band. The first model is a company, the latter being a sports model in which year 1,300 cars were made.
- In 1964, the S500 is replaced by a model with a larger motor.
- In 1967, the Honda N360 is introduced
- In 1969 was made in Taiwan and the Honda N600 Honda TN600.
- In 1972 Honda Civic comes on the market, the small economical sphere. In America, this model the no-nonsense car ?? ??.
- In 1976 the Honda Accord rolls out of the factory. This car is produced, inter alia, in Ohio. Honda was the first one to produce in America.
- In 1981, Honda was the first to develop an onboard navigation system, the Gryo ?? Electro-Cator ??.
- In 1989, Soichiro Honda supports into the Automotive Hall of Fame, which now Daimler, Benz and Ford already belong.
- In 1990 the NSX is introduced, a sports car with an aluminum body.
- In 1991, Soichiro Honda dies from liver disease.
- In 1995, the presentation of the CR-V
- In 2001, the Honda Jazz comes on the European market
- Honda reached in 2003 a production volume of 50 million cars ?? s, of which approximately 15 million Honda Civic ?? s.
Honda Formula 1
In the years ?? 80 and ?? 90 of the last century drove the McLaren and Williams with Honda engines. Some drivers and teams from that time included:
- Nelson Piquet
- Nigel Mansel
- Alain Prost
- Ayrton Senna
Honda Jazz in America the Honda Fit In 1999 the Dutch Jos Verstappen tested a Honda F1 car.
In 2006, Honda makes his comeback in Formula 1 for 2007 Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello drivers.
At the Tokyo Motor Show is presented a concept car, a harbinger for a new compact coupe, a spiritual successor to the CRX, the CR-Z.
In 2011, the successor to the CRX will be in the showroom, but only as a hybrid car.